Skip to main content

Christmas Eve 2007 in Kauai

Brownie and I celebrated Christmas a day early this year since we have to work on Christmas Day. That is one of the few drawbacks of this industry; you work when others are on holidays. The high point is that when you are off the amateurs are all at home and working.

We had an incredible day. We woke up early and opened our presents. We both did very well on presents. Niles would have liked some Greenies so he he was a bit disappointed. I'll have to make it up to him. He has me so trained. After all the gift opening was done and we left all the new electronics charging we headed out to explore Opeakaa Falls and the National Forest off the same road.

Brownie decided to take a dip in the freshwater creek. The water tends to be a bit chilly but no too bad. Unfortunately I had to stay dry due to a bad case of swimmers ear. Imagine a diver experiencing an ear infection. But it was worth being on land just to capture the video of him trying to get out of the water while keeping his t-shirt dry. I should start calling him Grace.

Overall, it was just a magnificent day being surrounded by nature's majesty. Being so close to nature brings me an inner peace I can't find elsewhere. Nature is real in and of itself, no politics, no ulterior motives, no hidden agenda - we can all learn something from nature.














Opeakaa Falls














Wailua River


Funny Video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dive the Vandenberg!

Brownie and I had a day off together and decided to head down to Key West. We left Key Largo around 6:00 am for the long ride south. We watched the sunrise to our east, ocean side, as we counted down the mile markers. Along the way we were always a few miles behind the rain which produced some great rainbows through the drive. We even saw a highly endangered Key Deer cross the road. I've drive to Key West many time over the years but had never been lucky enough to spot one. As expected we arrived at Captain's Choice in Key West about an hour early. It was nice not to be rushed. Checked in, chilled, until the boat was ready for passengers. It felt very odd not to be lugging tanks on the boat. You almost want to jump in and help, but I must admit it feels pretty good not doing all that work. After all, we were there to enjoy a great morning of diving. Soon enough we headed out and about 35 minutes later arrived at the mooring site for the Vandenberg . It looked like a...

Pihea Vista Trail

We finally had a day off together and my first day off in almost two weeks (13 straight days of work). It was great to go out there and enjoy the beautiful scenery Kauai has to offer. The other bonus was being able to take Niles out on a long walk with me. He wasn't to thrilled by the time we got to the Pihea Vista. It was a straight upward climb in the mud and he was already tired from the relatively easy part of the trail. I forget that the pup is getting old. He's a getting gray. I guess that what happens to a ten year old black dog. He really hated the part were I jogged back to the start ing point. I need to take easy on the old dog. I don't feel much like writing so I am just going to post some pictures of the beautiful vistas from the trail.

Ft. Vancouver National Parks Historic Recreations